Sunday, September 4, 2011

my first hand-bound book work

hand-bound journal that i made 9 years ago

"ship's log" that i made for my husband 9 years ago. cover paper and inside pages are all handmade, except for the end papers

i embossed my husband's initials in the paper that i made for the cover of his "ship's log"


about 9 years ago, a dear friend taught me to make hand-bound journals. i've included a photo of the one that i made for myself using the cover techniques that she showed me.  here is her website: www.jenasquires.com--she is a very talented graphic designer and jewelry artist. i also made a "ship's log" for my husband before we were married--he owns a small boat, as you might guess. i used a different binding technique for that because i made all of the paper by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment